Friday, June 10, 2011

It's Official


I've been putting off getting a Washington State business license for several years now, but now it's official, I'm doing business as WSR Photography, a sole proprietorship (not a LLC which requires additional legal agreements to limit liability). Since I only do work for friends, some professionals and other folks on occasion, there won't be much, if any, income, as I tend to work for free if it's not too much or too many prints and I give card sets away.

I still have some more steps to go through, like registering the business with the county, but I can still work as the business while sorting out all the remaining steps. I will have to file routine financial and tax forms with the state, but that's ok considering the advantages of being business. Like I'm going to get rich. Yeah right.

And since all I do are photo cards set (boxes of 10 cards), occasional photo/image processing for friends and the Mt. Rainier NP photo guide, it won't involve a lot of time or trouble to report it to the state. But at least it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment