Saturday, September 15, 2007

NPR - Thank you Joan Osborne

It's not an understatement I like music. Almost any genres of music. Well, there are some types I won't buy but I will listen once to a variety. I've been doing this since I was a kid in the 1950's and listened to my parents music. I still have 3 6-album record sets of Glenn Miller music, including the recordings of the radio shows of his band. All the digital improvements don't change the sense these records play, like listening to the radio on a Saturday night.

I used to buy 6-10 CD's a month. When I was working and had the extra spending money. Since retiring my priorities have changed and I buy about one a month despite having a long wish list of ones I would like to buy. This month I bought Joan Osborne's latest CD, "Breakfast in Bed." If you are any fan of good music and a great voice, at least listen to it. She's reaches into your very heart and soul with her voice, slowly slipping into every fiber of your being.

This CD has 16 songs, 17 if you buy it at Borders, of the old rhythm and blues songs many of us heard as we grew up and older in the world. Her renditions are as good as anyones and she adds her own charm and voice which makes them unique to hear. All worth listening while working on my Website on a quiet afternoon to have music to touch the senses and inspire the mind. And all the rest of her CD's are good too!

Thank you Joan. As a fan who has followed your music, it's all good and gets better each time. I wish you the best in your career and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment