Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Update on LF Photography


Like back in July of last year I noticed I haven't posted an update or anything new, so it raises the question, "So, what have you been doing with your large format camera of late?" Suffice it to say, not much. I got carried away by life and events which kept me from picking up the camera until this last winter when I started my (winter) studio work. I worked mostly with my digital camera (image above) and when I got what I liked with the lighting I took some 4x5 film of the same thing and some other setups. The sheets sit in a box to go to the lab when I get more sheets. Being an hour drive, I like to have enough to make it worthwhile for the trip, to the lab and other places.

In other news I learned the Layton L-45A camera, although more than 2 years behind schedule, will be produced, or at least the first 10 or so over this summer, so I can expect to get mine on or around Labor Day. Afer all the delays, last year I had thought about looking at alternatives, and there are some in the same and higher price range, but I decided to be patient. I'm sure Mr. Layton will have a good story the time and work to get his camera out, but I know it will be well received as the prototype was in June 2005.

Well, that's it for now. I've been waiting for our really long, cold, rainy/snowy winter to change into spring, and it hasn't except for the occasional teaser day. I'm hoping for better weather from here on out to get out with the camera more, and posting some more results.

No comments:

Post a Comment