Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A moment


Around here, south Puget Sound in Washington State, March is an interesting time as storm cells travel through, often dumping heavy, intense rain for a few minutes before moving northerly. And in the path, after they've passed over my place, for a moment we see the trailling rainbow if the sun is out. And if I'm lucky, the end hits the earth just outside my window and I can take photograph from my deck.

And capturing these gifts from nature takes the old fashioned being at the right place at the right time. I'm sure people in the area also saw the tralling rainbow, but there's likely wasn't mine, as mine wasn't theirs. But that's irrelevant, as it's still a rainbow. And in a moment they're gone. Ahead the rainstorm. Behind the sunshine. But for a moment, this.

What's not to like about a passing rainstorm?

No comments:

Post a Comment