Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dear News Media


For what it's worth to you, I'm not watching any of the Republican National Convention (RNC) on any network or cable show or will I watch any of the Democratic National Convention (DNC) next week except maybe the President's acceptance speech. Otherwise, you're wasting you time and breath on me.

The truth is that I, like many others, don't care about the conventions anymore and especially this year when it's obvious they're about money and power and screw the little and ordinary people like us. And you expect us to watch being belittled and lied to by all the politicians? We may be ordinary, but we're not dumb or stupid.

We learned a long time ago PT Barnum was right and we're not being fooled anymore, not after the Bush-Cheney adminstration and Obama's failures to keep his promises until it's politically expedient for votes, like ours. I like him as President but he's not my best choice anymore. Romney isn't by any measure, he's a liar from the start, something I guess is normal for Mormons toward the rest of us.

So, hope you enjoy the RNC and DNC, but I'm not watching. I'm watching baseball, especially the Seattle Mariners, the real national pastime where, honesty, hard work and fair play is the standard not the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment