Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Ballerinas

We like male ballet dancers because they're simultaneously strong and graceful, but we love ballerinas because they're simultaneously strong, graceful and beautiful, and they can do it on pointe.

Studies have shown ballet dancers are one of the top three sports athletes for overall physical ability, and dance is better for demonstrating the pure grace, control and balance of the human body.

If you want to know how much ballet dancers warm up and exercise before they dance, check out "The New York City Ballet Workout" by Peter Martins. See how much you can do (I limit myself to the stretching and warmup).

That said, just watch some ballet for awhile, and ask yourself if they're not just athletic, they make it look good too.

I lost the owner's Website/page for the photo, so if anyone knows, please let me know to reference it here. I apologize to the owner for a beautiful image.

No comments:

Post a Comment