Saturday, February 9, 2013

iTunes 11

I can summarize my view of iTunes 11 very easily, the more I use it, the less I like it. I've never liked iTunes store search tool. I hate that if I'm in music and search for something I get everything in the iTunes stores when all I want is music.

Why don't they understand that? If you're in one section, you don't want other sections search results, like books, podcast, apps, etc., and I don't give a shit about what other "Listeners have bought", like I care about their opinion?

I know iTunes is just trying to expand the user's interest and hopefully see something to buy and download, but that's not why I search. There are people who search to browse, people who search to discover the variety, and there are people who search for specific things.

I'm the last. I have something in mind and it's all I want to find, nothing more and nothing less. Often I hear a song and like to find it, by the artist and song, and in the iTunes store you have to wade through layers of search results and seemingly endless scrolling up/down or left/right.

And above all don't click "See All", unless you love lots of junk to scroll through. In the end I almost give up and use Google's search to find the more specific information and go back to iTunes with the information to find what I want, if they have it.

But always, it's the same, the more I use it, the less I like it. I often use MegaSeg DJ or Fidelia to play music which read iTunes libraries into easier to read lists. Fidelia also plays FLAC files from the various sources I buy them, and convert them into .mp3 files for iTunes.

Anyway, that's the rant for the day, but then I've had the flu for a week now so my mind is partly mush and part frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment