Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Website work

Update.-- I uploaded the complete Website (all ~400 pages) with some updates to global information for html 5 specifications. There shouldn't be any problems with the presentation, display or operation of any Web page with new, recent and especially older browsers. Please let me know (e-mail) if you encounter any problems.

Original Post.--Over the course of the next few months I will be upgrading the photography Website, and especially the Mt. Rainier NP photo guide. These changes should be invisible for visitors because most are updates to html 5 standards. This is a minor improvement and the changes more tweaks, but it will put them up to date.

All of the Web pages on my Website are produced to the latest html standards and, hopefully, error free, except I admit I only test them occasionally but I don't do anything I haven't done correctly in the past. This is so browsers will render them correctly to the presentation I designed and produced. In addition I don't use any quirks or tweaks, meaning code that isn't in the html standards, so any differences, which I note in the browser optimization statement, are with your browser or personal settings.

This is important if you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) which I make no bones I don't account for with any special code because MS didn't produce W3C complaint browsers and because I don't have it on my Mac or don't use it except through emulation by other browsers. This way I don't use or account for IE's unique applications or IE-only code. I know from friends it does render slightly different but that's not my fault, it's IE's fault.

After that there is a lot of new work for the Website outside the photo guide, mostly the history projects, which are way behind, and new photo galleries, meaning lots of images in folders ready for Web preparation and on the light table for scanning. I have no real excuses or reasons unless you accept other other work, like the music project, doing photography, life and health issues and such things which sneak in front of the work.

Anyway, that's the progress to date. And as Rusty Wallace once said, "Stay tuned hotrod, we're just getting started."

No comments:

Post a Comment