Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Canon 5D Update

I bought a Canon 5D in January 2007 along with a few lenses and a motor drive, and over the years added a EOS 1N body, some lenses, a flash and other equipment. I've been using it very happily. Recently I started going through the vast collection of Minolta manual focus camera gear to sell, see description of the collection I'm selling. Maybe.

So what's new other than anything? I decided to get some adaptors. First I bought a Minolta MD lens mount to Canon EOS lens mount to use any of my Minolta lenses on my two Canon EOS cameras. Why? Well, the suite of Minolta lenses is vast from 16mm to 800mm along with both macro and micro lenses and bellows. It expands my use of the two camera tremendously.

Second I bought a Tamron Adaptall-II to EOS lens mount adaptor. This is for the Tamron 300mm f2.8 lens with both 1.4X and 2X teleconverters and the whole filter set. I love this lens and it's not in the set of equipment for sale. I just wanted to see if I could make it work with the two Canon cameras. Now I can.

So, that's the small update, and the fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment