Friday, March 15, 2013

Apple Time Machine II

I updated OS-X to 10.8.3 and restarted the Time Machine after stopping and zeroing the TC's hard drive two weeks to sit until after installing the new OS-X. Apparently Apple changed the Time Machine's software because the full backup of HD (not HD2, 3 or 4 which are on other nightly backups) took half the time it did under 10.8.2.

The full backup last time took 17 hours. The backup under 10.8.3 took 8 and a half hours give or take a few minutes. That's good to know if I have problems again if or when it decides to make another full backup it doesn't need.

The one problem I did encounter was that after starting it, it didn't run again automatically, so I turned it off, waited and turned it back on, and it started doing the routine backups and in half the time it took on OS-X 10.8.2, normally about 2 minutes when it took 3-5 minutes before.

On another note, OS-X 10.8.3 didn't solve the other two problems I've had when I reboot and the fact it still won't boot in safe mode which is supposed to remove one of those problems, but I'm working on that.

Anyway, that's it for this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment