Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving parade 2009


I love going to and photographing the Seattle Thanksgivings Day parade the Friday after Thanksgiving. You can see some of the images at my gallery. There is an explanation of the hours in the staging area where I photograph the people preparing for and the participants in each entry in the parade. It's fun just walking around while every one is relaxing with friends and other people in the parade.

It's difficult some years finding new ideas. All of the floats, many groups (eg. Metropolitan cars, Washington sheep dog owners, cartoon characters and clowns, etal.) and many of the school bands and dance groups from the northwest, including British Columbia, are the same. So you have to be creative with people. This year was children and some of the groups I like to photograph.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful captures. I haven't been to a parade in many years but I find the behind-the-scenes images especially interesting.

    ReplyDelete