Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dear Blogger


Dear Blogger,

 I just switched to the "new" format, and to put it in a phrase of what I think of it, "It sucks." I would add royal, but I'll spend some time learning it to avoid being overly critical. That said, overall I don't like it and won't like it. It's overly complicated for simple tasks and needs I want with this blog.

That's it for now. Maybe I'll find a third-party app to just upload posts when I want than use the new format. There's always an app to skin a host.

Update.--Ok, I walked around and played with the new interface awhile last night, and while I still don't and won't like it, I'll live with it. It's clearly the new geeky Google thing with all sorts of bells and whistles but it's clearly devoid of the one thing many users want, simplicity.

And that's my beef with this and with Google new analytics interface, which I ended up buying a third party app so I can view the data on my desktop without having to go to Google overhyped analytics Web server. And there are apps for the Blogger interface too if all I want to do is manage and write posts.

Again, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment