Monday, October 8, 2012

Oops

"Hey, thought I'd call to see what's up."

"So why don't we go out for a beer or something?"

"Naw, don't feel like it."

"Oh, come on. It will cheer you up. You need to snap out it. Be a man, get over it."

And so the conversation continued until the person said they'll fine at home and goodbye.

Some time later, someone called 911. EMT's came and took the person to the ER and the person was later admitted to the hospital for observation of attempted suicide.

The next day a psychiatrist arrives.

"So, why did you think of suicide?"

"Well, my friend tried to help me get over feeling bad."

"And your friend, how did they know to help?"

"He said he read how on the Internet."

"I see, so reading something on the Internet makes you an expert? Like your friend?"

"Yeah, it was posted on a blog. Some advice about depressed people and what they might do, such as preventing them from attempting suicide."

"And how did that go?"

"Well, it was stupid advice, and I felt worse than before."

"Enough to try suicide?"

"What else was there. He made me feel worse and stupid. I hated myself more."

"So, how do you feel about your friend now?"

"Well, he certainly didn't know anything about me or my depression."

"And what does your friend say now?"

"They said he thought it was good advice and decided to try it."

"No apology?"

"None."

"Not even like, oops?"

"Yeah nothing?"

"So what will you do now about your friend."

"I don't know, maybe I shouldn't listen to them anymore."

"Will they still be your friend?'

"I don't know. Why would a friend hurt me like that?"

"I don't know. Something you'll learn."

"What?"

"When not to listen to friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment