Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dreamweaver CS6 & CC

I use Dreamweaver (DW) as my main Web page design and edit application. I've used it since Adobe bought out the company which developed DW and dropped their own Web design and edit application, GoLive. I still use GoLive 9 which has continued to work under all versions of OS-X.

But with the upgrade to OS-X Mavericks, 10.9.x (.1 and .2), DW produces endless messages in the console log from the initial startup to closing the application. And while posting on forums looking for an answer, even sending bug reports, all I got was, "It's an Apple problem..."

Well, after submitting another bug report I finally got confirmation it's an Adobe problem they've known and haven't fixed, as they responded to me:

"We would like to let you know that we are aware of all the three console error related issues and have internal bugs for each of them separately, the details of which are given below:

3683183 - dynamic_cast error
3688745 - CGSGetWindowBounds messages
3700713 - CoreText performance note for CTFontCreateWithName()

We would also like to let you know that bug # 3683183 is not reproducible on Dreamweaver CC; it is only reproducible for Dreamweaver CS6. For the remaining two issues, we are investigating them and will try to prioritize them for fixing."


So until they fix this bug, remember it writes the one of these error messages every 2-4 seconds, I'll use DW CS5.5 and GoLive 9. Dreamweaver CS3 and 4 didn't run under Mountain Lion and CS5 doesn't run under Mavericks.

I haven't tried the other applications with CS5 since I have and use the latest versions of CS6 and have versions of CC available to install if I want. I bought the monthly fee for the whole package for $20 per month for the first year which increases later this year to the full monthly fee.

The only CC applications I use are Muse and Dreamweaver. I've found the others are too similar to the existing CS6 versions not to install and use them, yet anyway. Whether I'll continue to pay is an open question because I really like DW CC, because DW CS6 has some major design user design flaws where I use CS5.5 instead.

Sometimes to be proven right is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment