Monday, December 10, 2012

Mountain Lion Bugs

Ever since updating my Mac Pro to Mountain Lion OS-X 10.8.2, I've had several reoccurring problems which seems to defy explanation or a solution, or at least to find someone who knows what causes them and how to resolve them.

I've asked folks on the Apple forum and got a few suggestions but nothing which works because I can't test one of the suggestions which I can't get an answer from Apple, yet anyway. And the problems are as follows.

First, it won't boot in safe mode. This is where you start the Mac, after shutting down for at least 10 seconds, and press the shift key when you hear the start tone from the Mac, and hold it down until you see the Apple logo and spinning gear.

A progress bar displays below the gear to show the progress of the safe mode boot, but in my case the bar gets about 30% of the way across and stops, and then stays there for hours. The normal safe mode boot is 3-5 minutes.

When someone suggested three sources which causes the safe mode boot to stop, none applied to my Mac. In short, I have to boot in normal mode which generates the error messages in the console log, from frequently, every 2-3 minutes to continuously.

The first of these are shortly after booting I get this:

com.apple.launchd, peruser.502: (com.apple.FolderActions.folders) Throttling respawn.

This goes for 2-3 lines per second for 10 seconds then repeats again, continuously until I issue the command in a terminal window.

launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.FolderActions.folders.plist

This is the Spotlight file which indexes the folders and files and changes to those folders and files for searching and the Time Macine backup.

The second and third errors also starts shortly after rebooting or starting.

PM kernel: Sandbox(1254) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd
PM mdworker: Unable to talk to lsboxd
PM mdworker: Unable to talk to lsboxd
PM mdworker: Unable to talk to lsboxd
PM Sandboxd: ([1250]) mdworker(1250) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
PM Sandboxd: ([1251]) mdworker(1251) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd
PM Sandboxd: ([1252]) mdworker(1252) deny mach-lookup com.apple.ls.boxd


Over and over every 2-2 minutes, more often sometimes.

All I've heard to resolve the second and third messages is to reboot in safe mode, which I can't do. So, if anyone has suggestions or ideas to research and maybe resolve these, besided the obvious which has been suggested, boot in safe mode, which I can't do, then I'm open.


No comments:

Post a Comment